Pages

Happy Birthday Hibiscus


Why yes, that is me using my favorite Sheena stamp set of ever...again (Wild Rose & Hibiscus from her Floral Fantasy range). 

I can't get enough of this gorgeous, enormous hibiscus. I colored the blossom and leaf with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers from Crafter's Companion. I attempted a "no line" effect, not too shabby, if I do say so myself. 

I added some texture to the card base with a Sheena Individual EZMount stamp, this one is Simply Scripty.

The sentiment is a new favorite, it is from the set a that comes with the latest issue of Crafter's Inspiration Magazine

The faux wood background piece started off as plain cream cardstock. I added score marks every quarter inch using the Big Score and swiped several colors of Memento Dye inks directly to the paper. I just swiped from one short edge all the way down, flipped and swiped again. I did this with each color until I thought it looked like old planks. I used a mixture of warm browns, greens and grays. 

2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

The wood grain is ah-mazing! Flower's not too shabby, either. :)

Shari said...

Beautiful card.. Fabulous job on the wood planks. Thanks so much for sharing.