Pages

Happy Birthday, Wise Owl


I had this piece of "smooshed" background, that I'd made with Spectrum Aqua Markers from Crafter's Companion, sitting on my desk next to The Wise Owl from Sheena Douglass' line of individual EZMount stamps. I wondered what would happen if I stamped the owl onto my colorful background and lifted the color from the image, leaving the pretty background around it.

It takes a bit of work and time, but I love the result. I added color to my owl friend, along with a sentiment from the latest http://www.crafterscompanion.com/Crafters-Inspiration--Issue-6-Spring-Edition_p_3555.html Issue.

I can't wait to try this with some of my favorite Sheena Douglass florals.

Spectrum Aquas: orchid, purple, marine, aquamarine, gold, tan, charcoal, black

1 comment:

Shari said...

This is very beautiful. I wish you had made a video. I'd love to see how you did it. ^_^ Thanks so much for sharing.