Hi, guys! Been awhile, huh? I think I'm over that dry spell though.
Today's card is all Crafter's Companion and I love how it turned out.
1) I cut a top folding portrait card base, but it's a bit narrower than a standard A2 base.
2) I cut a mat and embossed it with the 5x7 Wood Grain embossing folder. Then I scored pairs of lines 1/8 in apart every 1/2 inch down the panel with my Ultimate Tool.
3) To finish off the panel, I swiped a light grey ink over the embossing to create a weathered look.
4) I adhered the panel to the card base with Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner and lightly distressed the edges with my fingernail.
5) I stamped the sentiment(s) from the Beatrix Potter Male Sentiments Set onto a strip of grey cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink and cut a notch in each end with my detail scissors.
6) I stamped the smallest butterfly from the Flying Colors Set by Sheena Douglass in Memento London Fog and colored them with BT2, CR3 & BT1. I cut out the butterflies, leaving a slight white border around each and mounted them in a row on my card. I made antennae for each using jewelry pliers and black wire. I adhered the wire antennae with glossy accents and added a large pearl to each to disguise the glue.
7) I adhered my sentiment banner with foam adhesive squares and added a pearl to each end.
8) Finally, I added Star Dust Stickles to each butterfly.
Thanks for stopping in! This week is going to be all Crafter's Companion, so come back tomorrow for another fun project! --MD