Pages

against the wind

the lyrics to that song by bob seger have been playing in my head all day, mostly because i have been fighting with this kite stamp, the sentiment and a certain window die that is dead to me.

however, from the ashes came this (almost) one layer lovely


i masked an inch from each edge of a standar size card base and stamped the hero arts clouds design block in soft sky ink. then i sponged each inside edge with the same ink. the kite and sentiment are from gourmet rubber stamps--i paper pieced the kite with basic grey konnichiwa 6x6 papers. to avoid teeny cutting, i colored the kite tails with a spectrum noir alcohol pen (CR10).


10 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Love this! The masking is fabulous. And yeah, I was gonna ask about the paper piecing on the kite's tail. I'd color it, too. :)

Lisa - papergrace said...

Gorgeous!! Love that sentiment and your masking is wowza! And, you have successfully implanted the song "Against the Wind" into my brain. Thanks for that. ;)

Linda said...

LOL and to think just two days ago you were excited about that die.

Gorg card!!

Patti J said...

Got me singin' too! What a fun card, Mary Dawn. I might 'need' that cloud background, tee hee. Lovin your kite - so cheertul! Thanks for sharing :)

Loly Borda said...

I love your card! Those clouds are fabulous, and the sentiment is perfect for encouragement.

Anonymous said...

This is totally gorgeous and perfect! Love this design... Everything about it! :-)

Laura Sterckx said...

Lovely card :) the clouds are really gorgeous!

Arlene said...

Love the clean look of this. That kite is gorgeous. Wonderful papers.

Kelly Latevola said...

Completely fantastic! I adore a masked border :)

Stephanie said...

"a certain window die that is dead to me" hehe :) sorry for your frustration, of course, but love the way you expressed it :)
Love the pop of red against the calm blue sky!