Pages

12 Trendy Days of Christmas: Day 8 Heirloom Ornaments



Heirloom ornaments are today's trend. I love vintage-y Christmas ornaments in funky nontraditional colors. My mom's tree has been pink and light green for as long as I can remember. She found a huge stash of vintage glass ornaments in just the right colors one year at her cousin's plant nursery, they were cheap even without the family discount! LOL She has managed to store them in their original boxes and there have only been a few casualties. Of course, since there are grand-babies now the glass ornaments don't come out every year. My own tree, sadly, is plastic ornaments all the way. Maybe one year I'll have those pink and green beauties handed down to me, hopefully AFTER my children lose that urge to crush everything in sight!

My project for today is a couple of gift card holders made from Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly and Stampin Up's cute little vintage ornaments from last year (cannot remember the name of the set, sorries). I used a nestabilities rectangle and a circle punch to make my opening for the gift card to fit in. My ornaments were heat embossed and fussy cut before being mounted on a die cut oval. My greeting is from Hero Arts Jolly Christmas clear set.

Christine, who does the Scraptime Podcast has a great tutorial up today for the gift card holder--so easy and quick when you use two sided paper.



I also wanted to share a little video that I made, with you guys. A friend on twitter asked to see some craftrooms and I told her I'd show her mine, warts and all!




 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful gift card holder, Mary! Love the pretty ornaments and fun patterns!

Allison Rankin said...

Tristan watched...he thinks my room is messier. Maybe I will make a vid too! Super fun Cosmo Cricket creations!

Huguenot Girl said...

Thanks for sharing. Makes me feel better to know that I am not alone for crafting in a mess!