Pages

12 Trendy Days of Christmas: Day 5


Oh, damask, how I love thee. Let me count the ways. To me, damask is the most sophisticated pattern in the universe--it works for any room in almost any color scheme.

When PTI release Damask Designs I was done for. I could, literally, throw away all my stamps but this set (and maybe 1 or 2 of my favorite Hero Arts sentiments sets) and never need another stamp. Damask is modern, retro, classic, timeless, fun, trendy...ah, trendy. Damask is the trend for day 5. Never would have guessed, huh?



I stamped the damask pattern onto vintage dictionary paper in black pigment ink and paired it with a casual dot from Basic Grey Jovial. I added ribbon and baubles and rhinestones...oh, this card makes me happy.

Be sure to visit Kimberly's blog to see her interpretation of the Damask Trend!

 

5 comments:

Joy said...

Love the vintage feel you gave to this sweet damask card MD, Hugs!

Virginia L. said...

I have been enjoying seeing your take on the themed trends, Mary! Love this! Damask is so cool!

~amy~ said...

Love the damask on the text!

Leslie Hanna said...

Ditto with the damask + text pairing! Warning: I am stealing this card design.

AJ said...

I love damask also- your card is great!! :)