Pages

I've had this Hero Arts Silhouette Flower cling stamp from the previous release for some time now, and I could never make it work the way I saw it in my mind. Then I saw a sample from Tami Hartley--she stamped it twice and extended the stems. This way is so much more appealing to me than the squarish shape it is, for whatever reason. So I was inspired. I stamped in Broken China Distress Ink and clear embossed. Then I distressed with three colors of neutral Distress Ink, leaving a highlight in the center of my image--a place for my butterfly to reside. I had never used these butterfly clings from Hero Arts either. I used a bullet tip Fantastix from Tsukinenko to pick up color straight from my Broken China Stamp pad and colored in my butterfly . I added some ribbon, a button and some stick backed half pearls--I'm so in love with how this turned out that I can't bring myself to cover any of it up with a sentiment. I'll stamp something inside if I ever send it out.



 

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

You did a terrific job with that stamp (it scares me!). And I so need to CASE your ribbon treatment...that rocks!

Leslie Hanna said...

Love the extended stems. Totally different look. Me likey!

Anonymous said...

I love that blue/brown color combo!