Pages

You're Invited



My neighbor, the nag, asked me to make some baby shower invitations. I easily printed out the "you're invited to, who, where" crap onto GP white cardstock and made these flat invites. I only have baby girl stamps, though, so I rifled through what I do have and I came across this Just So Hoppy/Hippy sets by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K designs. The naggy neighbor loved them so much she got all teary eyed. She's a sweet nag.

The 'fresh' Bazzill green is embossed with the swiss dots folder, the scallop is by Martha Stewart and the balloon is a CuttleKids die. I punched the froggy out with my Marvy tag punch and punched holes through all 12 at once with the amazing Crop-A-Dile! I colored the frogs, all in one sitting, with pencils and OMS. That gorgeous ribbon is from MS as well, I love how it looks.

I've been trying new 'techniques' with my coloring. I'm thinking that maybe I'm a bit heavy handed? I tried a shadow ala Paula Tracy (Paper Possibilities), and boy do I need some practice. I don't hate how they turned out though. I love the soft greens and blues together with the brown.

Happy day, blog people, I'll see y'round.





4 comments:

loretta said...

Mary Dawn,

Love these! They are totally adorable.

Love the blog face lift you did for me and your's is great too!

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are adorable and very unique. Hope your neighbor appreciates your effort.

Anonymous said...

LOL, great blog.

The invites came out great!

XOXO

Lauri said...

These are great!!!!! Great coloring job!! I think you came real close to Paula's technique!