Pages

Crafter's Companion June Challenge: Summer


The June Challenge at Crafter's Companion is SUMMER! And I told you before, hibiscus ARE summer for me. I heat embossed the leaves and blossom in clear onto water color paper. I colored them with distress markers and painted over them with water. When the piece was dry, I ironed it between some blank newsprint (most companies use it for packing material these days). This takes away the embossing and leaves a super neat batik look. This will probably happen ALOT in the future. Super easy, and my neglected iron got some love...some real love. (heh)

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Mary this is simply stunning! I'll have to give this batik technique a try.

Michelle Liimatainen said...

ACK!!! So absolutely gorgeous!!! I must have that flower too....

Sue McRae said...

Gorgeous water colouring! This card makes me think of Hawaii!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Beautiful card! Your water coloring is fabulous!

Stephanie said...

Ummmm... love this card!
Love you more!
Miss you!
xoxo