Pages

Crafter's Companion May Challenge: Thinking of You

This month's challenge at Crafter's Companion is MASCULINE. I have a theory about dudes...I think they really like pretty things just as much as we girls do. But sometimes, you just have to make something that doesn't have pink or sparkles on it. I used the Art Kure Windmill By River and stamped it onto Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth in Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pens.

For the wood grain panel, I used the 5x7 Wood Grain Embossing Folder. I inked the embossing folder with Cup of Joe Shadow Ink from Hero Arts (I chose this ink because it smooths out as it dries), then I carefully placed my paper in the folder and ran it through my die cutting machine.

For the mat and the die cut label shape, I took the same Cup of Joe ink directly to the kraft cardstock.

I added the sentiment from the Beatrix Potter Clear Sentiment Set-Male in the same brown ink.

There is a great class being offered by Online Card Classes focusing on His & Hers cards. I have picked up lots of valuable tips and ideas already, and this is just day 3. If you have trouble with masculine cards, this class is a great value at just $16.

thanks so much for stopping by--sorry for all the words (leslie) heh

1 comment:

Christiana said...

This card is just stunning, Doc. ;) Absolutely love your sense of style.