Pages

The Majestic Oak

I love this image from Sheena Douglass's set The Majestic Oak. The first time I saw it, I knew IMMEDIATELY what I wanted to do with it!

 I stamped the image on Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth White Cardstock in Stewart Superior Black India Ink. India ink is waterproof and it dries quickly--and doesn't have that weird smell that Staz-On has. Then I used Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass and Broken China to make my sky--the didn't turn out exactly as I saw it in my head, but I like it none-the-less. 

Then I fought with that window die for hours. Then I remembered something Jennifer McGuire does with intricate die cuts; she cuts out duplicates and glues the stack together to create dimension. No more fighting with narrow, wobbly foam adhesive for me! 

I added the window to a panel of kraft cardstock that I had embossed with the 5x7 Wood Grain Background and added a sentiment from The Majestic Oak stamp set. 

Thanks for popping in, come back tomorrow with another Crafter's Companion project.


4 comments:

Marianne said...

very true. and very nicely done.

Sue McRae said...

Love that oak tree stamp and the fab sky colours!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors in the sky and the sentiment is perfect! TFS

Kelly A Egan said...

This card matches my Black Milk leggings! I <3 it bad. x