Pages

Angels We Have Heard On High


Angels We Have On High is one of my absolute favorite Christmas songs, so I was DELIGHTED when the Excelsis Deo set was in my Stampendous Blog Star box of goodies!

The December Challenge at The Stampendous Impressions Blog is CAS (clean & simple) Christmas. Nothing cleaner than some detailed embossing and lots of white space.

The angel is so detailed and classic that I wanted to emboss the image and sentiment in Stampendous Detail Gold embossing powder. I love the way the sentiment nestles in under the angel so perfectly.

Then I decided to add a touch of color to the angel's robes and the scroll. I did this with 4 colors of distress markers: antique linen (for the robes) and old paper and weathered wood for the scroll, I also highlighted the angel's wings with the picket fence (white) distress marker.

To add a finishing touch, I rounded the two bottom corners of the card base.

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

MD....Girl.....this is AWESOMESAUCE!!! That is all.

Zurainny Ismail said...

A treasure.... like a newly found antique.:D