Pages

My 1st Market

Each year our local Junior Women's Club holds a Holiday Market Place. This year my best friend convinced me to apply and sell some of the crap crafts I've made and stockpiled over the course of my journey blogging, stamping and creating. I was fairly successful...as in, I earned back my booth rental.

I hope to be back to the business of blogging, though I suppose my absence hasn't been much noticed because everyone is as busy as we are this time of year. I hope you all had brilliant, fattening Thanksgivings.


Some of the items on the tree were created just for this event, including gift tag sets and gift card holders. 

7 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Nice table set-up! LOOK AT YOU! I'll bet you did better than just your booth fee. And it's so (gah) PINK! :D

Marianne said...

love the pink swag! congrats on your success.

~amy~ said...

awesome...love your set up. I gotta tell you, I've done sales where I didn't even make my table fee back so congrats to you!!!! I would have bought tons from you:)

Anita Rex said...

Hey! How much was the table fee? I've done a few sales and think it's not worth it. I find it stressful creating for the event and than yes I have made decent money but it wasn't worth how much time AND sitting there all day! I did a sale last week at my hubby's grandmothers condo (expensive place) it was free to do. I did well but she told me it started at 2 be there for 1 well it started at 10! I would have done so much better! For that one I only had 3 days notice and worked crazy hard but had I known sooner I would have worked so hard and been disappointed! Now I teach and think it's a way better way to make money on this hobby! :> So the question is will you do another sale?

Froggietalks said...

I have been doing some sales prior to Christmas, and haven't sold anything but one card. I don't know if my prices are too high, but I am committed to one more, and this time I'll have a table to myself... I think that's been part of the problem.. people have assumed that the cards were from Regal (like you couldn't tell the difference!?) I also made some brownies, and sold 7 packs of 3 per pack.

Lauri said...

Hey good for you! Your table is very pretty and I love how you displayed your cards on the tree! I only do a few a year; just did one a few weeks ago and actually did really really well (surprisingly enough) although I still have a lot of stuff left over!

Jessi Fogan said...

I missed ya! I love how you set up your table :)