Pages

12 Trendy Days of Christmas: Day 2

I dropped the ball on Day 1; Thanksgiving chewed me up and spit me out. Having guests, even when you aren't hosting the big feast, is exhausting! But I loved every minute of it! I had really missed my fave-y cousin and his gorgeous wife and it was the first time I'd met their baby. I'm caught up on sleep and I might even do laundry today (har, who am I kidding?).

Kimberly Crawford invited me to join in on her 12 Trendy Days of Christmas, and I'm so excited!
The Trend for Day 2 is folk art inspiration and I immediately thought of needlework and specifically red work. The women in my family (I may have mentioned this before) are amazing needlework artists, but I have not inherited the talent nor the patience. But look, I can stamp! (and punch)




be merry: 
stamps: prickly pear snow lady, hero arts sentiment
card stock: PTI
ink: PTI

christmas greetings: 
stamps: hero arts
tools: martha stewart snowflake punch
card stock: PTI
ink: PTI
 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are just gorgeous!!! I love red & white together but girl...you just brought it to another whole level of goodness! :)

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome. A perfect take on "folk".

Virginia L. said...

Love these two cards! Absolutlely fabulous!

Kathy Martin said...

Great cards and simple designs! :)

Anonymous said...

Love these, MD! Completely adorable, love the simplicity and punches of red!

Amber said...

Love the cards.... great take on the folk inspiration! Simple and striking!

Joy said...

Stunning cards MD, love the red and white together and you have really mastered this :)