Pages

ok, here's today's real post!

My husband has been going through his junk (i'm being generous with that assessment) and sorting it. He, literally, has about 3 of everything! If he EVER accuses me of being a pack rat, I will remind him of his over-large collection of miscellaneous cell phone chargers. I did get lucky though, he has a pretty good selection of letter openers, the ones like this. I am happy to report that I love the way they work as a distressing tool, something I've been lacking. I usually use my scissor's edge, but maybe not anymore.



stamps: Hero Arts Get Merry!, Tree-Mendous, Magical Background
card stock: PTI kraft & pure poppy
ink: Palette Hybrid new canvas, PTI dark chocolate & pure poppy
accessories: Wright's crochet cotton, PTI pure poppy vintage button
tools: letter opener, MS snowflake punch, We R Memory Keepers magnetic circle cutter and magnetic cutting mat 

I posted a link to Susan's blog post about our winners for A Week of Gratitude, but it can't hurt to reiterate, right?

The winner of the shadow ink pads and Card Style magazine is from my first post of the week:


Beach Girl 115 said
What a beautiful story! The front desk staff at schools are often unappreciated, so I think your card will make her day.
9/27/2010 10:29 PM

Beach Girl, contact me at mypinkmexico (at) gmail (dot) com with your mailing address and I'll get your magazine and inks out to you ASAP!

The winner of the $25 gift certificate for Shady Tree Studio is from Susan's third post of the week:


Jen said...
I LOVE your card. I'm so lucky to have found your wonderful blog!!! I'm so excited to see all of your wonderful cards. I signed up to get your emails and became a follower. Your work is beautiful!!!
hugs,jen(jennyscards.blogspot.com)
September 29, 2010 10:43 AM


 

8 comments:

AJ said...

love this Mary Dawn! it's adorable!!

Barb said...

Love this pretty card, Mary! I have GOT to get my hands on that Magical Background stamp!

Karen B. said...

Love your card, appreciate the setting that you've photographed it with. My husband is like yours, numerous items. If he has three of something then he forgets and buys a fourth because he couldn't find one of the three that he already had!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Such a great card! Love that little snowflake behind the button, great touch!

Deirdre said...

Just answered my own question from FLICKR - you used Tree-mendous.... TFS - adore your card.

Patti J said...

Your card is wonderful - thanks for sharing, and I have one of those letter openers!!! Thanks for the tip! Hugs...

Susan Raihala said...

Gorgeous card, Mary Dawn! The kraft, cream and red color combo is sooooo pretty with its little bit of chocolate thrown in for flavor.

And my DH is hoarder extraordinary. It's genetic, from his grandfather. Our firstborn inherited that gene. Sigh. I feel your pain.

Libby Hickson said...

This is sooooo pretty. Love it!