Pages

Hero Team-up & Embellish Challenge with Background Stamping

Karen and I team up again today, this time with sympathy cards.




I just hope I'm not tempting fate, I've historically only made sympathy cards when I needed them. I don't have any sympathy sentiments by Hero Arts (where our team up challenge was born, stay with me, people) so I pulled out some PTI to work with as well. All of these cards meet the newest Embellish Magazine challenge--white, yellow, grey & black with background stamping--and I'm mostly happy with how they turned out. I made my own box pleated trim (hooray, sewing machine) but I will never sew on organdy ribbon, not even a short strip, ever again. Ever. 
 

11 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

They are all gorgeous!!

Froggietalks said...

They are all lovely cards Mary Dawn. I can hardly wait until next week's challenge is done!! :D

Courtney Baker said...

Hey girl these are just so so so pretty!

Arlene said...

Beautiful cards. WOW.

Keva said...

Wow..those are really beautiful cards!

Joy said...

I have to say Mary Dawn, these cards are gorgeous, such beautiful sympathy cards, it has been so fun seeing yours and Karen's creations.

Barb said...

All so beautiful! I have trouble using yellow, but you've really made this color combo shine!

Allison Rankin said...

These are all so durn yummy! I have to get out my yellow and black now!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Beautifully stamped! Love the overlays! Thanks so much for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

Charlene Austin said...

Oh these are absolutely wonderful!!! So happy you played along!

jen said...

These are wonderful- and you crack me up with the never.ever.again.sewing on organdy!!! :)