Pages

This is my least favorite reason to make a card, for obvious reasons. My mom's cousin passed away this weekend and she asked for a couple of sympathy cards for her children. If the cards aren't happy, at least they're pretty to look at. The PTI soft stone card base is stamped with the Hero Arts floating flowers clings background in Versamark. When I first received this stamp I was at a complete loss as to how/where to use it. Negative silhouettes really throw me for a loop, but then I saw this card from Vanessa and I knew exactly how I'd use it. I  also stamped a scrap of PTI smokey shadow with the same stamp and then clear embossed. The smokey shadow is perfect for clear embossing if you want a lot of contrast, I think it looks really sophisticated. I used cardstock as ribbon on this card and I may do a picture tutorial for this technique, it's shabby and fabulous! The sentiment is from the CK Cardstarters font, cut with a Cuttlebug oval postage stamp die.





stamps: hero arts floating flowers, hero arts winged friends digital kit
cardstock: PTI soft stone, smokey shadow and aqua mist (obviously this is becoming one of my go-to combos)
ink: versamark, bic mark-its
accessories: ck cardstarters font, clear embossing powder

2 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

It's a beautiful design. Sorry about your mom's cousin passing away.

Sincerely,
~ng.

Juls said...

these are beautiful! very stylish I always find sympathy cards the hardest to make but you have done such a beautiful job of these! Hugs Juls