Pages

This Snowman Makes Me Happy

I'm gonna quit titling my posts again, because I can't think of anything new! BUT! This snowman sure does make me happy! I used the brush from the HA Snowman Stamp Digikit from 2peas and used the selection tool in Photoshop to remove all of the gradient shading so I'd have a black and white line art image. (I also removed some of the buttons and geegaws that were on his chest.) I then colored the image with Prismacolor and Koh-I-Noor pencils and blended with a Prismacolor Colorless Blender. This is my favorite way to blend colored pencils, and the colorless marker blends teh KIN's like BUTTAH! I fashioned my folded tag from a scrap of red cardstock that was about 3-1/2 inches wide--I slipped one end through the largest Nestabilities Labels 4 (similar to the technique in this post), scored it on my Scor-Pal and rounded the corners on the uncut end. The "closure" is just a half circle adhered with redline tape and embellished with a punched snowflake to camouflage it.

hero arts holidaytags week

A little detail:

hero arts holidaytags week


stamps: HA Snowman Stamp (available at 2peas), HA Jolly Christmas
cardstock: Bazzill, Georgia Pacific white for printing
patterned paper: Making Memories
accessories: HA gemstones, Offray ribbon, Nestabilities Labels 4

2 comments:

mudmaven said...

So sweet! I got this guy - now I have to dig him out and figure out how to use him - thanks for the inspiration! ~chris

Lisa Salkeld said...

very pretty!