Pages

Gift Set



My friend Donna wanted a gift set of all occasion cards for her mom, for a gift--we went back and forth for, like, a year about what, how many and when. Finally this year she decided she wanted a set of 12 and we picked paper. But she kept changing her mind--always coming back to my favorite Anna Griffin pattern, the retro sheets set pattern that I use ALL. THE. TIME! Well, all I have left are scraps, people, zero full sheets left! I'm sad.

I made the cards assembly line fashion yesterday. My children were fascinated by 12 of everything laying out on my work table. I used way more embellishments than I had originally intended, but I love the end result.

I stamped with Versamark onto the vintage cream cardstock circles with an AllNight Media woodgrain background, added the die cut patterned paper (I slipped only one end through the largest Nestabilities Label 4) and a strip embossed with the dotted embossing border folder from the Cuttlebug Just My Type set. The focal image is a white embossed butterfly from a Martha Stewart Heat Embossing kit (I purchased this kit for the tree stamp and have so far only used the butterflies), and punched it with a 1-1/2" circle and layered that onto more Nestabilities scalloped circles and labels 4. I stamped a smaller butterfly from the set on two different colors of card stock and white embossed those as well and cut them out (what a job, gah). I stamped various phrases from PTI's Vintage Picnic Sentiments onto strips of vintage cream and cut the end with my square punch to resemble a banner. Finally, I added sticky back pearls in three sizes aaaaaaaaaaaall over.


This reminds me of a book my mom had when I was a kid--the woodgrain in versamark on cream card stock is so faux bois and retro and along with this floral--LOVE! I hope Donna's mom loves them too.

I created a box to hold them all and decorated it to coordinate. I don't want to talk about the box--the box nearly did me in.







2 comments:

Juls said...

what a gorgeous set! Love it!!

Donna said...

WOW they are more amazing than I was expecting. She will totally adore them. Thank you so much. Isn't it funny I kept coming back to that paper. I just love it so much

xxoo